• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help disable lockscreen via NFC

silentwitness

Android Expert
hey could use a little help i am trying to disable lockscreen via nfc on my galaxy s3 but the unlock option does not work, i have 3 apps installed(Tasker, Secure settings, nfc task launcher) and set up all as device administrators also. I have set it up to disable lockscreen in tasker and written it to an nfc tag but it does not do anything when i scan the tag the pin remains it does not get disabled. I have helper installed in secure settings i have set up basic tasks like bluetooth on/off wifi on/off change brightness and all these tasks work great. The lock task also does not work i tried setting it up on 2 different tags also 1 for lock and 1 for unlock it still did not work. I manually unlocked my device and set it to no security and tried scanning the tag it still does nothing I read that tasker should be installed before nfc task launch so uninstalled and tried that also no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Can't help with the nfc part but I have set up tasker and secure settings to turn off pattern (you know you need root for this?).

I recommend to ascertain whether its nfc or the task itself at fault, scrap the nfc part and use a tasker trigger such as an event or state.

If the tasker condition is met (profile turns green) but lock still in place, fault is task

my phone is rooted and i have set up a pin lock not pattern. i followed the instructions i had seen on another thread on this site for setting it up to unlock via wifi but that also does not work for me. Not sure what i am doing wrong. Is it an issue with the s3 and tasker not working? or am i doing something wrong.

Dunno. Did you do what I said yet? Come back to me when you have. Not going to waste time helping you fix a tasker issue if you haven't yet ruled out nfc issue

Edit sorry so you have. Did the profile go green?

my phone is rooted and i have set up a pin lock not pattern. i followed the instructions i had seen on another thread on this site for setting it up to unlock via wifi but that also does not work for me. Not sure what i am doing wrong. Is it an issue with the s3 and tasker not working? or am i doing something wrong.

I have just that exact task running on my rooted S3 and it works OK - although it sometimes takes a minute or 2 to kick in.

ok so maybe i am doing something wrong then, the steps i used were first set up a profile and called it wifi lock and set it to connect to wifi with a specific SSID then setup a task and set it to Secure Settings and clear password. then made sure tasker was running and switched wifi off and on and checked and it still does not work. So am i doing something wrong? I also checked and when the profile wifi lock or unlock is running it shows up in the notification bar and if i click on it and open tasker it shows up in green colour but it does not lock or unlock my phone.

ok so maybe i am doing something wrong then, the steps i used were first set up a profile and called it wifi lock and set it to connect to wifi with a specific SSID then setup a task and set it to Secure Settings and clear password. then made sure tasker was running and switched wifi off and on and checked and it still does not work. So am i doing something wrong? I also checked and when the profile wifi lock or unlock is running it shows up in the notification bar and if i click on it and open tasker it shows up in green colour but it does not lock or unlock my phone.

Why password? You said you were using a PIN. Different things. There should be a password and PIN radio button to select whichever you're using.

The option is for password/pin when you select that it gives me password. Just to be sure I changed my security to password instead of pin to check and it still did not work.

Can't help with the nfc part but I have set up tasker and secure settings to turn off pattern (you know you need root for this?).

I recommend to ascertain whether its nfc or the task itself at fault, scrap the nfc part and use a tasker trigger such as an event or state.

If the tasker condition is met (profile turns green) but lock still in place, fault is task

I'm not rooted nor do I have secure setting installed, and Tasker disables my pattern lock screen +widget locker unlock screen no problem. Maybe it's because of widget locker?

I set up a profile so that when I connect to the Bluetooth in my car it disables my lock screen. This enables s voice to work via bluetooth without having to unlock the device.

I set up a profile so that when I connect to the Bluetooth in my car it disables my lock screen. This enables s voice to work via bluetooth without having to unlock the device.

Thats more or less exactly what i want to do as well except i wanted to configure it and then set it into a nfc tag.

I'm not rooted nor do I have secure setting installed, and Tasker disables my pattern lock screen +widget locker unlock screen no problem. Maybe it's because of widget locker?

Maybe. We've had this discussion before ;)

Edit, maybe you can export your tasker profile for the OP to modify?

ok so should i install widget locker? would that solve my issue? I honestly do not want to replace my lock screen i like samsung default lock screen its nice. And are you asking for the tasker profile from me or matttye?

We dont know if widget locker has anything to do with it. Matt could disable it and test if tasker still works.

I asked Matttye for HIS tasker profile for YOU :)

well just for testing purposes i set up a simple task in tasker where when i turn calculator on it should make brightness full and that didn't work. The profile turns green but brightness remains the same.

I just set one up where it disables keyguard when I connect to either of my home wifi networks and it works with or without widget locker enabled.

It triggers on state > wifi connected and performs only one task: keyguard > set off.

Unfortunately when I write that task to an NFC tag, it doesn't disable the keyguard. It seems to only successfully disable the keyguard while a task is active. :(

hey thanks everyone for all the help i managed to get it working, i just uninstalled tasker via TB and installed it fresh again and it has started working including the nfc tag portion of it, i just set up a simple profile to activate and deactivate screen guard in tasker and set it up in nfc task launcher and it works great via nfc also.

I have the same issue.. made a post in another thread, but I will ad it here

==================
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8i78J1tKK4
check out at 3.10"

I wanted to use Tasker to turn off my keyguard when I am in my home wifi.
I have used 2 different methods... both did not work for me.

Method One:
when wyz wifi is connected: turn off keyguard.

Method Two:
when wyz wifi is connected: Secure Settings plugin: turn off keyguard

I have given Tasker and Secure Settings "device administrators" access.

but after 10 mins.. the keyguard is on.. and I have to unlock my device with a lock pattern.

so.. what am I doing wrong??
=========================

it works sometimes.. but most times it does not.
the profile turns green.. but the keyguard is still on.. and I must put in my lockpattern.
sometimes it is not locked, but when I press to go to the "homescreen"... it takes me to the lockscreen.

I had thought wiping the cache and davilk, so that it can rebuild davlik.. fixed it.. but the problem returned.

I will now.. uninstall tasker.. then install and recreate the profiles.. see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom