• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disabling stock music player

animal47

Anyone found a way of disabling the stock music player as I am fed up with no lock screen adjustment so have found another app to do the job, only trouble is that when I try and use the pause/play button on the stock headphones it starts the stock player again so I get 2 players running at the same time and I cant work out how to get rid of the stock player to stop it happening as the disable/force stop options are not lit up.

Anyone found a way of disabling the stock music player as I am fed up with no lock screen adjustment so have found another app to do the job, only trouble is that when I try and use the pause/play button on the stock headphones it starts the stock player again so I get 2 players running at the same time and I cant work out how to get rid of the stock player to stop it happening as the disable/force stop options are not lit up.

I am not 100% about this but I believe the headset only works with stock. A previous phone I used something different for music but whenever I'd touch the headset it would start the stock player.

Hopefully someone more versed on the subject will chime in.

I recently installed VLC Beta. I had to uninstall it because with music running on the stock player my BT headset play button would start VLC instead and I couldn't be bothered at the time to find the option in VLC to turn it off.

This indicates that 3rd party software has the ability to take over.

I looked in Settings->Applications manager->All->Music player
There are no defaults set there so I am not sure how it is handled.
My advice would be to look for options in your 3rd party player and maybe contact the developers if you can't find anything in its options or get a good reply here.

FWIW, I'm using "PowerAmp", and have it set to pause/resume playback given the headphone state. I also disabled the "Earphones page buddy", and only PowerAmp activates on headphone connect.

There should be something in the music player settings to disable the auto play. Mine old galaxy s did the same and there was an option in the settings to disable. If your a root user, you could just freeze or delete the stock music app altogether .

Sent From My Paranoid Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Back
Top Bottom