• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DL30 Touchwiz Froyo at xda

Running this since last night (DL30 Superclean v0.7). Anyone else seeing Quadrant scores around 1000?

yea thats what they have been. RFS being there still kill quadrant scores. AOSP has score around 1700 I think though.

I hope the browser in the leak isn't what's in the final version... the lack of text size options or pinch-zoom buttons is a step back.

odds are this is the browser that will be in the final release...pinch to zoom works fine...just a little slugish without voodoo

yea thats what they have been. RFS being there still kill quadrant scores. AOSP has score around 1700 I think though.

Got ya...I just figured I'd see at least a little increase from 2.1 to 2.2. Performance on the device seems pretty fluid and well...flash works ;)

Got ya...I just figured I'd see at least a little increase from 2.1 to 2.2. Performance on the device seems pretty fluid and well...flash works ;)

quadrant is pretty unreliable anyway...but if you consider stock scores in the mid 800s for 2.1 and low 1000s for 2.2 thats a decent increase i suppose

the more reliable linpack (relatively speaking) does increase from high 7s, low 8s to nearly 14

and longbench in setcpu is a huge improvement to 550s or so from 800-900s (lower is better)

quadrant is pretty unreliable anyway...but if you consider stock scores in the mid 800s for 2.1 and low 1000s for 2.2 thats a decent increase i suppose

the more reliable linpack (relatively speaking) does increase from high 7s, low 8s to nearly 14

and longbench in setcpu is a huge improvement to 550s or so from 800-900s (lower is better)

Theres also the obvious bonus of MOAR unicorns in Froyo

odds are this is the browser that will be in the final release...pinch to zoom works fine...just a little slugish without voodoo

I know pinch to zoom works, but there are no on-screen buttons for it anymore. I liked having those for more granular control on occasion. What's really killing me is the lack of a text size option. Everything renders so tiny with the default size and causes a lot of heretofore unnecessary zooming and/or accidental mis-taps. Dolphin HD still has the option, so I guess I'll be going back to that.

I just don't understand why they would *remove* a very useful optional user feature.

I know pinch to zoom works, but there are no on-screen buttons for it anymore. I liked having those for more granular control on occasion. What's really killing me is the lack of a text size option. Everything renders so tiny with the default size and causes a lot of heretofore unnecessary zooming and/or accidental mis-taps. Dolphin HD still has the option, so I guess I'll be going back to that.

I just don't understand why they would *remove* a very useful optional user feature.

no clue...im sure you arent alone in liking the zoom controls...but i feel personally they get in the way...all about preference i suppose

no clue...im sure you arent alone in liking the zoom controls...but i feel personally they get in the way...all about preference i suppose

Oh they do, for sure. I didn't like them when I first got the phone either - which is why I switched to Dolphin. But then after a while I felt Dolphin was slow, so I went back to stock. Now they both feel quick again, but Dolphin has both text size and zoom button options. Yeah I know, I'm a waffler :p

Really though it just seems like an odd pair of options for Google *not* to have in their flagship mobile browser (or for an OEM to remove, whichever).

Ah well, back to Dolphin for now. PS - thanks for the DL30 lock screen mod ;)

finally...

i thought i had bricked my phone...after flashing SuperClean DL30 .zip it took my phone a really long time for it to boot back up...almost 10 mins...

but now its time to restore apps...

thanks guys!!

me happy!!

EDIT: no lock screen??

finally...

i thought i had bricked my phone...after flashing SuperClean DL30 .zip it took my phone a really long time for it to boot back up...almost 10 mins...

but now its time to restore apps...

thanks guys!!

me happy!!

EDIT: no lock screen??

Lock Screen works fine for me.

This kernel is the same as the one above it just includes the sgs boot animation (minus verizon part) instead of rick astley
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7223192/sgsbootanim_kernel.zip

Lock Screen works fine for me.

This kernel is the same as the one above it just includes the sgs boot animation (minus verizon part) instead of rick astley
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7223192/sgsbootanim_kernel.zip

thats werid...cause i have no lock screen...and i'm getting FC with HandCent.

also, all my apps were still there when it finally booted...i thought Data Wipe got rid of everything...all my text messages were also there.

should i data wipe again? and re-flash?

thoughts?

:confused:

and i'm also getting FC with the standard messaging app...

i'm not liking it...texting is my main method of communication...

any ideas?

thats werid...cause i have no lock screen...and i'm getting FC with HandCent.

also, all my apps were still there when it finally booted...i thought Data Wipe got rid of everything...all my text messages were also there.

should i data wipe again? and re-flash?

thoughts?

gimme a minute I will package up the completely stock kernel for you. See if its the kernel thats causing your problems

also (in case the list of my errors wasnt long enought) my home button doesnt work...so if i'm in an app...and press the home button...nothing happens. if i'm on a screen other than home...and press the home button, nothing...

i can send and receive text (sometimes...i tryed sending a second text...but it cant send it out...)

i cant receive calls...or make calls

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7223192/Stockdl30.zip

Im running out to lunch...if you are still having issues when I get back I will look further.

Personally I dont think its an issue that wiping data will help though. Most likely something in /system

Might wanna try just reflashing super clean.

i'll reflash superclean...if FCs still persist i'll push your kernel via Odin (PDA)...

thanks!!

(i swear the Android community is a very helpful bunch!!)

Back
Top Bottom