• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dock/launcher app for wireless charging?

John I

Jul 28, 2010
So I have wireless charging set up on my GS5 and it works great. I am looking for a way to have Alarm+ start when I put the phone in the wireless cradle on my nightstand. I found a cool app called Plug in Launcher. It works great when you connect an actual power cable, but it doesn't give the option to launch apps when wireless charging begins.

Anyone have a suggestion?

I am using Alarm Clock Plus and have it configured to Always startup when the phone is turned ON.

I also have Battery Doctor configured to Whitelist it so that it does NOT get turned OFF at anytime.

The clock does not show while the wireless charger is working, or the USB charger for that matter, but the APP is still doing its' job even though invisible. It has never failed to wake me up to go in to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones