• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Downgrade to older version of market on GB?

durak

Nov 3, 2011
Hey all, i am running GB CTmod 2.1, and absolutely hate how the new market versions look and how slow it is. I would like to go back to an earlier version of the market(preferably froyo stock). I have another phone with market 2.12, and i found several sites where i can get different older versions, but my question is which one will work and how do i install it? Just go into system/app and remove old and paste new vending.apk or is it more complicated than that?

Hey all, i am running GB CTmod 2.1, and absolutely hate how the new market versions look and how slow it is. I would like to go back to an earlier version of the market(preferably froyo stock). I have another phone with market 2.12, and i found several sites where i can get different older versions, but my question is which one will work and how do i install it? Just go into system/app and remove old and paste new vending.apk or is it more complicated than that?

Try what you said first if you already havent, if i doesnt work then us my procedure
Download an earlier version of the market and transfer it to your SD card, and install it.

If after a while it updates to the current version
Then download terminal emulator and enter these commands:

su
pm disable com.android.vending.updater

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones