• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid 3 now or wait for a Droid 4 / Milestone 4?

cdl

Android Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2010
Hi all,

do you think it is worth waiting for the release of the Milestone 4 / Droid 4 (assuming such a phone will be released), or would you get the Droid 3 now because there's been no news on a potential Droid 4?

I'd like to see a 4.3'' screen with physical keyboard and ice cream sandwich, but not if it involves waiting over a year...

Check the specs of the D4 and decide for yourself ;)

Link: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-3/435964-its-already-time.html

My biggest peeve about it is the non-removable battery. I prefer to be able to do a battery pull if necessary.

I wonder if it will ever be released in Europe. Probably not, since the Droid 3 / Milestone 3 never was. I could buy an unlocked version from negri electronics, but it would be really expensive and not being able to change the battery myself would be a big limitation. Also, no ice cream sandwich?

Motorola should slow down with the releases... Isn't it counter-productive to issue so many new products so close to each other? I mean, I guess there will be quite a few people put off from buying the latest gadget because they'd rather wait for the next model directly.

Mmm, maybe it's time I switched to the thinner Samsung Galasy S2...

Upvote 0
I wonder if it will ever be released in Europe. Probably not, since the Droid 3 / Milestone 3 never was. I could buy an unlocked version from negri electronics, but it would be really expensive and not being able to change the battery myself would be a big limitation. Also, no ice cream sandwich?

Motorola should slow down with the releases... Isn't it counter-productive to issue so many new products so close to each other? I mean, I guess there will be quite a few people put off from buying the latest gadget because they'd rather wait for the next model directly.

Mmm, maybe it's time I switched to the thinner Samsung Galasy S2...

you need hardware, you go to S2; you need keyboard, you go to droid. :p

but yeah motorola is kinda freaking me out with all those releases... I don't even know how many Droids are out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones