• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Razr Maxx HD screen color question

Jacoby75

Lurker
Jun 14, 2015
Hey guys,

New to posting on the forum, but I've found help here reading threads in the past, and I'd appreciate some help if you can give it. I recently purchased a used Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD 32GB on Amazon. While the phone functions very well, and is a lot faster than my iPhone 4 (like, not even close), I'm having issues with the display. The image quality is pretty clear, words look great and all, but I think something is off with the color. Pure white (like the background on facebook, for example) looks yellowish/creamish. It's not nearly as pure white as my iPhone or my wife's Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. And the other colors just seem off, particularly red, which is irritatingly bright and piercing and really stands out on a page or in a photo. It doesn't matter whether the brightness is set to high or low, or to auto brightness or not.

Do you think this means there is something wrong with the display, or does it sound to those of you who have it like this is just normal? Is it just something particular to Droids, that the colors seem weird? If so, I might send it back. I've already ordered a refurbished Galaxy S3 to compare. I chatted with Motorola customer service and they had no advice apart from running a factory reset, which has already been done.

If this is just the way it's supposed to be, do you know of any apps that allow you to control color saturation? I didn't see anything on the phone or in Google Play that made sense to me. There are some tester apps that allow you to test color and black/white banding, but they didn't actually change anything in the appearance of the phone.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones