• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Enable Mobile Data toggle for Avant?

rck01

Dec 20, 2014
I've been trying in vain to add a toggle for mobile data to my quick settings. I followed various guides on the topic at XDA forums, including one that had me manually editing my settings.db file to add the necessary parameters. However I can't seem to get it to take effect.

Here's a link to one of the threads that discusses how to do it on an S3/S4:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2342370&page=1

It seems like it should be a fairly straightforward process, which is why I'm baffled that it doesn't seem to work on my Avant. Anyone have any ideas on how to get a mobile data toggle working on our phones?

RCK

Yeah, I was trying to avoid cluttering my home screen. Hence my attempt to enable it as a quick setting button in the notification area. I've seen it in action on other TouchWiz phones, so I'm kind of surprised it's so hard to enable on the Avant. However, since I just realized my data connection is automatically disabled when I'm on WiFi (thought it would stay on until I manually toggled it), the point might be moot.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion! :)

RCK

Upvote 0
Omni swipe has a data toggle in the settings menu. It's a really cool app , it's free and only shows up on the home screen when you swipe it open. They have ads but the way they implemented them does not interfere with the app and aren't intrusive at all . I've been using it for a few weeks now and I love it . It's in the Google Store . I can try to post a link for you and a couple of screen shots from my device.

Upvote 0
Here are a few screen shots of Omni Swipe ( formerly Lazy Swipe ) . It also has a contact list too but I didn't take a picture of it because I have peoples pictures on my contacts . They also have a few different themes and color options . For some reason my data doesn't automatically turn off when I'm on WiFi so this app was perfect for me . It's totally customizable so you can set it up to best suit your needs. Here is the play store link if you want to check it out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lazyswipe

Attachments

• 1435322829423.jpg
    1435322829423.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 1435322843985.jpg
    1435322843985.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 1435322844306.jpg
    1435322844306.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones