• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Every Kernel Causes Bootloop

Every kernel I flash causes bootloop. I can't restore from recovery. So I use RUU and the unlock bootloader, then fastboot recovery. Then I'm able to restore my backup. But really all I'm trying to figure out is why every kernel I flash bootloops me. Am I not waiting long enough for it to finally boot? The VM bootscreen and audio jitter and then it reboots. Thanks in advance guys/gals.

What ROM are you using and version of the kernel. There versions of both kernels for ICS and Jellybean. Super sick also has different versions for Sense and CM10.

The OTA update was causing this problem but since you flashed RUU that problem should be addressed. Make sure you are using the latest RUU for your HTC One V. I had this problem when I flashed my kernel first then the rom (after I had OTA).

okay so I reran the stock rom. I unchecked automatic updates. I unlocked and rooted and successfully overclocked. Thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom