• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo 4G: Too Hot to handle....

Arrynyo

Jul 25, 2010
ohio
well i know ive seen threads about the evo restarting randomly but i believe its and issue with the phone overheating. my phone gets really hot sometimes (mostly when im having a textathon or whathaveyou) and it starts the power cycling issue and i have to take the batt out and let it cool down before i can use it again. ive called sprint and (apparently) they arent aware of this issue. now its gotten to the point where i just stick it in the frigde just so it can work normally. i know this baby has a 1ghz cpu but im sure htc has thought about this thing going volcano while they were testing this phone! i havent rooted the phone or done anything special to it either. i just want to know if anybody has had this problem and if there is anything i can do to make it go away thanks for an and all info

i think your phone has issue..
texting .. should not get your phone to over heat.

i tether for hours... and that is putting a lot of pressure on it..
it heats up.. but keeps on going.
I tether to watch netflix movies....

get your phone replaced.. or do a hard reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones