• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook and photos and tagging

How do you guys tag your Facebook photos on this phone?

The facebook App is absolutely appalling and doesn't have an option for you to do it. And you can't navigate to any old photo easily anyway (so I hate using the app).

Using the standard browser it is impossible to tag! Viewing photos anyway on the standard browser is TERRIBLE! You can't zoom around, it positions it off screen and moves you about. It's truly AWFUL and embarrassing when comparing with iPhone and Blackberry. :mad::mad: Sometimes you can just get to the "Tag this photo" link, and it actually responds to where you've pressed; but then when opening the keyboard to type in a name, it screws it all up again, and it's impossible to tag.

Also, the m.facebook site gives you an option to tag, but when you come to the screen that supposedly allows you to tag and press where you have to enter the name, the keyboard doesn't open.

This is ridiculous. :(:( Is there a better browser for Facebook.

Why is the standard app, so embarrassingly poor compared to the iPhone one, and even the Blackberry one? :eek: :thinking::thinking:

Yours frustratingly:
* X10 - time to get a decent photo of concert tickets and tag on fb - 2 hours (including hour to get a decent non blurred photo and walk home to my laptop to do the tagging)
* mates iPhone - time taken: 20 seconds, and I've never used the iPhone before. :mad::mad: EMBARRASSING :mad::mad:

Sadly i still cant find the tagging feature and i dont see any replies.

Im seriously starting to miss blackberry features and forums!

Please dont tell me that tagging through the browser is still our only option available???

How do you guys tag your Facebook photos on this phone?

The facebook App is absolutely appalling and doesn't have an option for you to do it. And you can't navigate to any old photo easily anyway (so I hate using the app).

Using the standard browser it is impossible to tag! Viewing photos anyway on the standard browser is TERRIBLE! You can't zoom around, it positions it off screen and moves you about. It's truly AWFUL and embarrassing when comparing with iPhone and Blackberry. :mad::mad: Sometimes you can just get to the "Tag this photo" link, and it actually responds to where you've pressed; but then when opening the keyboard to type in a name, it screws it all up again, and it's impossible to tag.

Also, the m.facebook site gives you an option to tag, but when you come to the screen that supposedly allows you to tag and press where you have to enter the name, the keyboard doesn't open.

This is ridiculous. :(:( Is there a better browser for Facebook.

Why is the standard app, so embarrassingly poor compared to the iPhone one, and even the Blackberry one? :eek: :thinking::thinking:

Yours frustratingly:
* X10 - time to get a decent photo of concert tickets and tag on fb - 2 hours (including hour to get a decent non blurred photo and walk home to my laptop to do the tagging)
* mates iPhone - time taken: 20 seconds, and I've never used the iPhone before. :mad::mad: EMBARRASSING :mad::mad:

Upvote 0
Sadly i still cant find the tagging feature and i dont see any replies.

Im seriously starting to miss blackberry features and forums!

Please dont tell me that tagging through the browser is still our only option available???

You tried out any other facebook apps recently?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.idanapps.myalbum&feature=search_result

And apparently there has been an app that can tag like you want:

How to Tag Facebook Photos on Android Devices - Softpedia

I would also like to recommend a useful software called Bloo. This is a native application for Facebook, which sadly has been discontinued by the author. Nevertheless, it is still available for download from the Android Market. Those interested can go grab version 1.4.4d for free.

Bloo – The Android Facebook App

You do have the most recent version of Facebook for Android?

This app claims it can do it:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tektrify.iloader&feature=search_result

What about this app -

https://market.android.com/details?...result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIkVDLlRNRkJMaXRlIl0.

My tip of the day, join twitter. Facebook is the past.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones