• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help FB, Skype etc. crash on ICS RUU

Hi everyone

I have a problem with the new ICS installed on my Desire S. After i updated it, apps like facebook, skype, google talk etc. crash as soon i tap on a link to a web site or any other link.
Does anyone have this kind of problem, and how to fix this?

need more info: you rooted/unlocked? which carrier do you use? firmware? Are you able to post a logcat for me?

No,the phone is not rooted, i installed the reacent ICS update (Android 4.0.4 with HTC Sense 3.6)
What do you mean by carrier and logcat?

who provides the phone service (verizon, att, etc.) A logcat is a way to view the internal system logs of your device (easiest way to diagnose problems). There are a couple of ways to do this : 1) download android sdk and install adb onto your computer or 2) download terminal emulator from the market and type
logcat > /sdcard/logfile.txt

this will create a copy of the log file onto your sd card that you can share so one of us can take a peak and see whats up with the phone. Been hearin of peope having some trouble with those updates, curious to see whats going on.

Hi everyone

I have a problem with the new ICS installed on my Desire S. After i updated it, apps like facebook, skype, google talk etc. crash as soon i tap on a link to a web site or any other link.
Does anyone have this kind of problem, and how to fix this?
Yes i have been facing the same problem and m fed up with that..just cant find a solution to it

Back
Top Bottom