• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help first ROM install guidance

lectraplayer

This is my first attempt to install a ROM, and I am finding many variances of what I need to proceed. I have my device, a ROM I think looks best, Google Services for that ROM, and a computer with Android SDK ready to go. Some tutorials seems to want me to use certain set of tools, and often I find broken links leading to where those tools are not. I have some idea as to what could happen, and since I am also trying to fix a broken IMEI, and the T*Mobile techs seem to think that a ROM will fix it, a brick is really not that severe at this point. Before I begin, what do I really need?

The post made by the author of the ROM telling you how to install it. If there are any broken links, advise him, so he can fix them, so you can download what you need.

(Won't the nearest T-Mobile store with a tech department do it for you? Since there's no warranty involved, they have nothing to lose.)

So far, I am having a tough time finding a T*Mobile store with a tech department in Birmingham Alabama. I am also having a tough time finding the stuff the ROM install guides call for. ...then I try to bring this up to whomever published the guides and can only find a form that I'm supposed to fill out, but the form won't load (such as at Into Mobile). RageAgainstTheCage is also commonly needed, but nobody has the exploit. What can I substitute for it? Also haven't found a true Sidekick ROM yet but will substitute a Galaxy S ROM until I find something better. Yes, I know... if it's wrong, I'll back up and do something different.

One time I had T*Mobile to send me a ROM for my Mytouch when I was trying to update the firmware on it but so far I haven't been able to repeat with this phone

Back
Top Bottom