• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Force Reboot w/Navigation Apps

I've tried two different Navigation Apps (Waze and the native Google Maps version). I've had the Optimus V for almost 2 years, so I'm afraid the phone is just getting old. The Google Maps Nav worked great for a long time. I then dowloaded Waze, and it was great for about a month, then I would get a force reboot after about 15 minutes of driving. So, I unistalled Waze and went back to Google, but now I'm getting the same problem with Google. This ONLY happens when I do directions. If I just have the map pulled up and it follows my location, I'm good. But if I enter a destination it will force reboot.

Any help? I'm running 2.3.7 on BACKside-IHO.

I've tried two different Navigation Apps (Waze and the native Google Maps version). I've had the Optimus V for almost 2 years, so I'm afraid the phone is just getting old. The Google Maps Nav worked great for a long time. I then dowloaded Waze, and it was great for about a month, then I would get a force reboot after about 15 minutes of driving. So, I unistalled Waze and went back to Google, but now I'm getting the same problem with Google. This ONLY happens when I do directions. If I just have the map pulled up and it follows my location, I'm good. But if I enter a destination it will force reboot.

Any help? I'm running 2.3.7 on BACKside-IHO.

A couple of months ago i started having little glitches and force closures, i was running backside rom, which there is no more development.

Right now the MiRaGe rom is the most stable rom for our phone!

If it was me ,i would go with the zengarden recovery and flash the MiRaGe rom, the zengarden recovery is great, a lot of improvement over the older recoveries. It has an option to get out of a bootloop, it saved me twice from bricking my phone! The mirage rom I've been running about 3 months now, it's super smooth and fast, ain't never lookin back.

I don't know what build of backside you're running, but if you want to stick with backside rom try the 1312011 build, it has less glitches. Everything you need is in the all things root guide.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Installed MiRaGe and used Nav on both Waze and Google around town last night with no problems. Going on a longer trip tomorrow so hoping for the same results.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom