• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free Calls To Usa & Canada. Anyone use NetTalk?

tiredhiker

Jan 3, 2009
I downloaded and registered NeTalk but have not tried it yet as I am outside the usa and friends are sleeping at this time. just wondering if anyone else has used it. might be a good replacement of Google Voice for us that can not get a number since we live outside the usa.

I downloaded and registered NeTalk but have not tried it yet as I am outside the usa and friends are sleeping at this time. just wondering if anyone else has used it. might be a good replacement of Google Voice for us that can not get a number since we live outside the usa.

Installed, tried, uninstalled.
Bad or zero connection, could be a good app. Waiting for updates.
I'm on Virgin Mobile Canada, with Samsung Galaxy S

Upvote 0
Any updates on NetTalk? I decided to give it another try and seems to work. I made phone calls from my car and also over Wifi from home and both connections were acceptable.
I was wondering if it's working if I'll call Canada from Punta Cana on Wifi using Nettalk with roaming data turned off. In this case if it's working, could I be charged by Virgin Mobile, or the deal is just between my Galaxy S and the loco Wifi?

Thanks for any feedback,
Jedi_m

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones