• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froxen Phone & Now Battery Drains Faster

monicakm

Android Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2012
Last week, my phone got SUPER hot while charging with the car charger. It wasn't left in a hot car. Shortly after, the phone froze. I had to to a soft reboot to get it going again. In my search to find an answer to "did my phone suffer any permanent damage by getting so hot", I read that I should put my phone in LTE/CMDA mode vs Global and the battery will as last longer. So I did. It didn't help, in fact, it did the opposite. My battery life is even shorter in LTE/CDMA mode. HOWEVER, since the timing of the over heating/freezing and changing the data mode all happened in less than 24 hours, I can't be 100% sure it's the data mode. Switched back to Global but that didn't make any difference in battery life. Now the pendulum is swinging back to the overheating issue. Is it likely that shortened the battery life? The phone is acting a little quirky. A little hesitation from time to time and not responding to screen touches the first time.
Thanks,
Monica
Razr/ICS

FYI - I have had better luck calling Verizon versus going to the store.

You may have to be on hold for a bit, but you will end up talking to someone more knowledgeable. If the phone needs to be replaced, they can send one out immediately. The stores are not as helpful in my experience.

Also, DO NOT CALL VERIZON WITH YOUR RAZR. They will want you to do some tests and rebooting procedures that will prohibit you from using the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones