• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo 2.2 (I9000XXJPM, FROYO.XWJP6) vs. Official Froyo 2.2

najiss

Oct 6, 2010
My unbranded SGS is currently running 2.2 (I9000XXJPM, FROYO.XWJP6) which I updated via the registery hack last month. It's running smooth and I've not had any problems :) My question is, what is the difference between my existing version and the 'offical' Froyo 2.2 that will be released soon? Would I be able to update my firmware to the newer version since I'm already on 2.2 (I9000XXJPM, FROYO.XWJP6)?

My unbranded SGS is currently running 2.2 (I9000XXJPM, FROYO.XWJP6) which I updated via the registery hack last month. It's running smooth and I've not had any problems :) My question is, what is the difference between my existing version and the 'offical' Froyo 2.2 that will be released soon? Would I be able to update my firmware to the newer version since I'm already on 2.2 (I9000XXJPM, FROYO.XWJP6)?

I second this! Same situation, although I am aware I can reghack (using an older copy of Kies) again to get JPO. Question is - do I even need to? Is JPO a revolution compared to JP6 or just a load of hot air?

Hopefully someone with a good technical background can pick this up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones