• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Frozen at HTC logo

I have probably done something wrong while trying to flash my HTC Desire S and now it freezes when I turn it on when it shows the HTC logo.

The phone is unlocked and here is a copy of the output of fastboot getvar all

INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.09.0099
INFOversion-baseband: 7.57.39.10M
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 0451
INFOversion-main: 19.26.401.3
INFOserialno: SH15TTR03003
INFOimei: 358225046633591
INFOproduct: marvel
INFOplatform: HBOOT-7227
INFOmodelid: PG7610000
INFOcidnum: HTC__001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4141mV
INFOpartition-layout: HTC
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: 510e562c
INFOhbootpreupdate: 12
INFOgencheckpt: 0
I think my problem is: INFOversion-main: 19.26.401.3
I have tried to find a solution the past 2 days searching the forums, but I have not managed to resolve this.

When I try to get into recovery mode get the same problem and using RUU (of various versions, including the latest one from HTCDev) did not help, as it cannot complete.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have probably done something wrong while trying to flash my HTC Desire S and now it freezes when I turn it on when it shows the HTC logo.

The phone is unlocked and here is a copy of the output of fastboot getvar all

I think my problem is: INFOversion-main: 19.26.401.3
I have tried to find a solution the past 2 days searching the forums, but I have not managed to resolve this.

When I try to get into recovery mode get the same problem and using RUU (of various versions, including the latest one from HTCDev) did not help, as it cannot complete.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi,
I had this happen when not long after purchase, few years ago. And I hadn't unlocked or rooted. Had to send it to the seller to handle repair. But because you are unlocked, using HTCdev I presume, we may be able to salvage this.

Visit my root guide at http://androidforums.com/desire-s-all-things-root/606770-guide-root-desire-s-hboot-2-0-s.html and follow step 98. on downgrading with RUU. Find your RUU at Htc Desire S Rom - Download input the version correctly at the step.

I really hope this helps, but I just don't know if it will solve it. I would try running the ICS RUU found on the HTCdev site, re-unlock, flash 4Ext Recovery and install CM10.1 by BnD with the recommended gapps.

Wish you the best,
Andrew

Back
Top Bottom