• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fun Thread : Smiley Preference?

paimon.soror

Android Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2010
Vernon, CT
Well I figure its time for a silly thread to ease moods on "hump day". My question is, what is everyone's take on the Android Smileys? Do you prefer them over the generic emoticons? Is there another platform that had smileys you preferred?

To be honest I actually liked the smiley faces that the blackberry provided, they were the generic style smileys with some touchups to make its appearance a bit more "high quality". These android smileys just dont look "cute enough" haha.

I don't like ANY actual faces. I play with the emoticons far too much and to me the graphical faces ruins the intention I have by many of them.

For example, when I use :X , I often mean it not as a kissy face at all, but yet it gets converted. I don't always want :p to show up with a big smile like :p . Sometimes I mean the former in a sort of "I'm biting my tongue" manner or the latter in a "bleh" kind of way.

It's my biggest beef with the eBuddy client: can't turn off the emoticons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones