• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [FYI] Stock Kernal does not support overclock

deathneed

Not a big surprise but after rooting my event I did discover that the kernal does not support overclocking. It is however clocked at 1.024 ghz if anyone is curious.

Just posting to save some of you the trouble of checking yourself.

Unfortunatly I dont have the know how to get another kernal on this device. And even if I did, I dont have the money to replace my phone is something goes wrong. So I'll leave it up to devs to tinker with this phone.

Nice that you posted this for everyone, I ended up getting a successful full root on my Event after about 12 tries and started looking into how we could overclock the stock kernel, hoping to get it to about 1.6ghz like the Optimus Elite.

Nice that you posted this for everyone, I ended up getting a successful full root on my Event after about 12 tries and started looking into how we could overclock the stock kernel, hoping to get it to about 1.6ghz like the Optimus Elite.
would be pretty nice to get that kind of speed

but firsts things first,the bootloader needs to be unlocked. Dosnt seem like this phone is very popular however the kyocera hydro & rise are a little more popular and they essentially are the same thing just with extra features (hyrdo-waterproff and rise- physical keyboard) so once a dev is able to unlock the bootloader for those phones, ours will follow quickly quickly. Then someone just needs to develop a kernel. and then we wait for a port of that to our phone.
Im hoping within a month we should have some progress.

I can't wait though this is a newer phone what are the exact differences between the three phones could we flash their Roms ect does all tweaks like beats audio work is there a list of working tweaks

I got it on the first try. I used "Poot". IDK what else I can really do with it though. Its my first "root". I can't find a CyanogenMod for it or anything really. I just find a bunch of crap on google about how the rise has a locked bootloader...

Back
Top Bottom