• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxay S2 reported to have 4.5 inch super AMOLED Plus display instead of 4.3 inch with Gingerbread

I could not buy a phone that looks like your talking into a biker wallet. 4 inch display is perfect in fit and form even the 4.3 is awkward IMO. Also this is a Samsung and I wont be making that mistake again.

Tegra 2 is not that impressive, it's only a little faster than the PowerVR chip in the Galaxy S.

Trust me, compare our phone to a 4.3" screen and you will have screen envy, I would have been quite happy with 4.5"

Upvote 0
Tegra 2 is not that impressive, it's only a little faster than the PowerVR chip in the Galaxy S.

Trust me, compare our phone to a 4.3" screen and you will have screen envy, I would have been quite happy with 4.5"

Well I wont say that Tegra is ALOT faster but faster is faster.

As for screen envy, yeah...........I am going to heavily disagree with ya on that. I still chuckle a little when I see a Evo, to me it just starts looking goofy when a phone gets that big, the resolution is fine but the Evo is a BIG phone, and 4.5 is screaming "look at me talking on my really big cellphone", .........its a comic strip..........and I don't want to be in it, for me 4 inch is big but still fits in my jeans pocket easily. That big dumb Dell phone never went anywhere because nobody wants a phone that big, and if they are going to sell them they could at least throw in a pair of free clown shoes.

Upvote 0
Well I wont say that Tegra is ALOT faster but faster is faster.

As for screen envy, yeah...........I am going to heavily disagree with ya on that. I still chuckle a little when I see a Evo, to me it just starts looking goofy when a phone gets that big, the resolution is fine but the Evo is a BIG phone, and 4.5 is screaming "look at me talking on my really big cellphone", .........its a comic strip..........and I don't want to be in it, for me 4 inch is big but still fits in my jeans pocket easily. That big dumb Dell phone never went anywhere because nobody wants a phone that big, and if they are going to sell them they could at least throw in a pair of free clown shoes.

I watch and play games on my phone more than anything else so bigger is better, also the SAMOLED Plus display may not have a higher resolution but it does have more pixels, the image will be sharper and better for reading text. I tend to think of modern smartphones as pocket tablets. :D

The Galaxy S is likely to have the 4 core Mali 400 GPU, preformance is unknown atm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones