• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy note lte only working with stylus? Help please, I am at a loss.

Wcarnell

Lurker
Hey guys, I am new to the site, and android, and could really use some help. My galaxy note is not responding to touch, just the stylus. This post is going to be long, I am going to try and very thoroughly document the issue I am having, the handsets background, and the trouble shooting steps I have taken.

Issue is happening using stock factory settings (phone was factory reset). Though I don't know what the previous owner may have done.

(This phone was purchased from a company that recycles electronics, however it is about a 2.5 hour drive from here, and is an "As is" sale, though their electronics have a good reputation.)

So when I received the phone it was working fine, shortly after purchasing it I started to have a few little issues such as random shut downs, and the screen would not respond for a little bit.

This led up to the phone just not responding to touch at all for extended periods of time. When the phone was not responding all buttons were still working. When the screen was working it would work great for extended periods of time, but as soon as I reset, or turned the phone off, the screen would not work.

Sometimes, after pulling the battery the screen will respond. I think the battery may have issues, I am also not using an OEM charger. I have heard both of these things may cause these kinds of issues.

Trying to troubleshoot the issue I did a hard reset. I was running 2.0.2(?) at this point in time, so I upgraded to 4.0.4(Using Kies). Then I rooted the phone using superuser and odin, and finally deleted ATT bloatware using titanium backup. I feel it is important to mention I do not yet have a sim card in the phone.

At this point I am not really sure what to do. I am going to overnight a new battery and an OEM charger from amazon. I have scoured the web and cannot find a single user having the same issue as me. I really hope some one on here can help me troubleshoot this issue, because I am out of ideas. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Back
Top Bottom