• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S will not stay on

chanel05

Lurker
Apr 24, 2012
I have looked through the forums, and haven't been able to find anything that is exactly what's going on with my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 (union wireless). This is a "temporary phone" until they fix my other Galaxy, and it is a Vodafone it appears.

It worked fine until this morning. My phone was dead this morning and when I plugged it into the charger it turned on until I could see my lock screen, said it was loading everything, and then turned itself off and then back on again. It has been doing this for over an hour- off, on, off, on. It doesn't appear to actually be charging either because I can't turn it on if it's not plugged into the charger. I have tried using a different charger, taking out the battery for a while, taking out the battery and SIM card, doing a hard reboot. Nothing is working. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't know much about phones when it comes to these things so any help greatly appreciated!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones