• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S2 and Avant have same battery dimensions, hmm...

clu1688

Feb 24, 2012
I have been searching for compatible batteries for my Avant. There was none except the original Samsung battery which charged a lot (like >$40) at the time.

I noticed through my research that Avant battery has the same size as Galaxy S2, in thickness, width and depth. This leads me to this question, can we use battery inside Galaxy S2 for Avant? If yes, this opens up alot choices as there are many offers of replacement batteries for S2.

One question remains, the battery terminals location and spacing. Does anyone have original S2 battery and do a quick comparison?

I just ordered one of these. Its the stock OEM battery for the avant. Its $20 with free ground shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/EBL1L7LLA-EB-...24838896&sr=8-1&keywords=galaxy+avant+battery
There are also some aftermarket batteries that claim to have higher capacity but I haven't heard of the brands before so I just decided to get a stock replacement. My battery dies pretty quick but when I first got the phone I was using it while it charged. I've been told that its best to charge a brand new battery for a full 12 hours with the device powered off before ever using it. I did this myself once when I got a replacement phone from the insurance. When I got my new phone I put the battery in it and charged it for 12 hours without ever turning the phone on and my battery life was 2x better than before with my old phone/battery (both phones were lg optimus f6 and both were brand new when I got them). Just turning the phone on to activate it like they do in the store actually has a negative impact on battery life in my experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones