• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help gallery photos and videos

kep

Lurker
I have recently installed an SD card and need to move videos and pictures from internal storage to the SD card. how do I do this. when I go to files the gallery isn't listed and I have not been able to figure it out. Please. Help I am out of storage!

When you turn your phone on it does a media scan, noting each picture, video and music file. When you run Gallery, it shows you all the photo and video files that the scan found. There's no "Gallery" folder.

You'll have to make a folder on your external card for photos, then you have 1 of 2 choices:

1) Run an app like Total Commander, that can give you 2 windows (in landscape mode), Open one window to the photo folder that you made and use the other window to search the phone for photos and move them to the other window.

2) Do basically the same thing by connecting the phone to your computer and opening 2 copies of Computer (windows explorer), one to the photo folder, the other to search the phone.

The first way gives you access to more of the phone, so you'll find more of the pictures, but I personally prefer working on a full size keyboard and using a mouse. (But in this case I'd use the first method even if it was less comfortable.)

You can try the above, but as Rukbat said, I prefer a full sized keyboard as well.

For starters, your gallery is in this folder: /[storage or something*]/DCIM/Camera.

*I don't have my razrm plugged in right now so I cannot remember how it shows on a file explorer on your phone.

However once you insert a sdcard into your phone and then plug it into your computer, you select to explore your phone with windows explorer. Then there should be two options, internal storage and sdcard.

That would be the easiest way to navigate between your internal storage to move items to your physical sdcard.

good luck

Back
Top Bottom