• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get a little splash of Lollipop

dmodert66

Android Expert
Didn't see this posted so I thought I would post for those interested. If posted in the wrong place, please merge with an appropriate thread.

If you use Google Now Launcher, they have updated it with Material Design (UI look used in Lollipop). It looks quite different and will take some getting used to for me (I have been running the older Google Now Launcher since I got my Note 4. It's a bit convoluted to update, but not difficult.

1. Update Google Search
2. Once you update Google Search, you should get a notification if I remember correctly to update Google Now Launcher.
3. Do that, and bam. You now have Material Design elements on your Note 4 (mine took a few seconds to redraw everything the first time I hit the home button after updating).

One thing I noticed. I have quite a few apps installed and when I went to the apps launcher (4 dots) if I scrolled fast through the apps (swiping left) after about 4 pages I would get a delay on the screen populating. This doesn't seem to happen with the updated Google Now Launcher.

Back
Top Bottom