• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GNex waking itself back up

breynolds007

I haven't seen anyone post this issue yet, so wanted to see if anyone has noticed it at all on their GNex. It's the weirdest thing, I haven't noticed it for the last 10 days I've had the phone...until tonight. Phone has been phenomenal, but battery life hasn't been the best so I stopped by VZW today and picked up one of the extra battery and charging stand, with a Y cable included so you can plug in the phone and charge the extra battery at the same time.
This:
Samsung Battery Charger Stand

After all day on the original, I threw the new one in a couple hours ago. Showed it was at 96% but I noticed this happening:
Galaxy Nexus waking up on it's own - YouTube

I put the original battery back in and couldn't duplicate...how in the world could a battery cause this to happen? Has anyone noticed this at all or bought the accessory from Verizon? I've noticed my battery life stats always seem to show the screen usage pretty high, usually 40-60%. Strange...

The large pretty HD display will always be the top battery user if you use your device. That's normal. However the auto ghost on is a neat trick / bug. Maybe the extended battery is defective and has a short in it. Just a thought.

The large pretty HD display will always be the top battery user if you use your device. That's normal. However the auto ghost on is a neat trick / bug. Maybe the extended battery is defective and has a short in it. Just a thought.

Yeah, I know the very nice display is gonna eat battery, just I've had it at 25-30% brightness to try to help and it's still showing high display stats...thinking maybe it's been doing this after I put it back in the Otterbox holster and I just haven't noticed. And, it's not an extended battery, just another OEM Samsung.

Back
Top Bottom