• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Maps issue

Lefthand

Since updating to 7.4.0 Maps has become virtually unusable. It takes several seconds just to launch, let alone for the viewed area to come to full resolution. When scrolling. nothing registers for a while, then eventually it starts registering swipes but very juddery when moving across the screen. It's so frustratingly slow that I've resorted back to using Locations, and that's saying something. Any ideas on how to restore it to its former performance? I've already tried clearing the cache, to no avail.. Is it possible to roll back to a previous version?

Depends. If your device came with google maps installed I won't let you delete it. But what it will let you do is uninstall the updates so you will have the version that shipped with your phone. That could solve your issue right there. If it didn't come pre installed on your phone you will be only be able to delete it. After that find out what version you have, and go around the internet hunting for an older version of the app. Search google maps navigation(whatever version you want) APK. Download it using your PC or device. Then run the APK and install. you just have to give your phone permission to install apps it didn't get from google play.

Back
Top Bottom