• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got the official 5.0.2 update

breynolds007

And my Nexus 7 appears to be back! Did factory reset after just to be careful. Running very well again after becoming basically unusable with initial lollipop update. Anyone else got it?

Just turned on to check (about the only thing the tablet is good for since the Lollipop update), but not yet. I had the same experience as you with 5.0 (even after FDR), so here's hoping I have the same outcome as you with 5.0.2.

I got it almost a week ago. At first it seemed to be much better, but the device has gradually become more and more unresponsive. I've also had battery life and charging issues. No FDR yet though. I'm getting ready to try that as my last hope. I'm starting to feel I might have a hardware issue.

After flashing the factory image (5.0.2) all was going well. Now my battery started acting up - it just will not charge. I thought I had it taken care of it, but now I wonder if something is still wrong with lollipop for the N7... We shall see I guess

***Edit*** there's a lot of other " buggyness " with charging - sometimes the charging chart will be flipped if that makes any sense. Other times the word charging will filcker from on to off repeatedly.
I try the plugging\ unplugging the USB into the wall charger trick & can get a charge to take. Then it just reverts back to discharging later. Still possible that its hardware so I'll hold off on totally blaming the update...

Last edited:
And my Nexus 7 appears to be back! Did factory reset after just to be careful. Running very well again after becoming basically unusable with initial lollipop update.
Not only did I have the same experience as you with 5.0.2, but my wife's N7 got the update today and it went smooth as silk even without FDR or wiping cache partition. The difference was she went from 4.4.4 directly to 5.0.2. I went from 4.4.4 to 5.0 first (took the original Lollipop update the first day it was offered), and it was the root of all my issues.

My wife's N7 got 5.0.2 last night. I just let it install, didn't wipe cache or anything. Installed with no glitches and so far appears to working flawlessly. Maybe even a little smoother and quicker than before.

After about a day and a half of normal usage, my wife's 5.0.2 N7 started getting unresponsive and laggy. Everything seemed to go so well after the update from 4.4.4 that we never bothered to FDR or wipe cache (which I would normally do after a major update). Clearing cache restored performance, so fingers crossed that it stays that way!

Back
Top Bottom