• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root gps issue

pl4life52

Android Enthusiast
Hey guys

I am currently running ICY rom for the spirit. I am having difficulty locking onto a gps signal. It first started with the samauri rom and thats why i tried another to see if it was the roms. I have tried running different gps apps that were said to fix the issue but no luck. It just sits and keeps searching. Prior to installing any roms the phone would lock on real quick and be accurate.

Is there anything that i am missing for the gps to work with roms? I tried searching but had no luck.

Those roms use the stock gps and settings unmodified. Icy rom is the least modified rom of all the roms in the spirit forum. No reason for gps to not work on those roms. Not much you can really do besides doing a factory reset in recovery or trying another rom or restoring the stock rom.

The only stock deodexed rom I know of is Icy which you already tried. Not much was changed in that rom besides launcher, keyboard, and minor things. GPS has always worked fine for me on all the roms.

Maybe you should restore stock kdz through unbrick guide and start fresh.

Back
Top Bottom