• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Half battery + reboot = full battery ...?

matttrick

Lurker
Feb 12, 2011
So i have this issue, i suppose it could be worse but normally once a day i am rebooting because my phone says it is on low battery when it is in fact not at all. It comes back up, and the battery shows full.

What could be going on here? Did some searching but obviously the terms battery and charge are loaded with tons of other non-relevant info. Thanks.

I know this is a late reply, but you battery isn't calibrated. What you can go it's charge it until it's 100%. Then unplug it, and plug it back in. You'll see it drop to 99 and remain charging. Keep doing this until it completely says 100 and will no longer drop. After that, turn your phone off, remove the battery for at least a minute then reboot. Should remain calibrated for a good while.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones