• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone tried Plex for GTV?

nessthiss

Apr 1, 2010
I just got the update on my Revue and I saw Plex as one of the apps in the market with a dedicated GTV version of their app. I'm looking for a better way to stream media to my home theater than with the stock Logitech media player, which is somewhat improved in the new version but still not that great.

But with the update to Honeycomb I now have Google Music for playing songs, and Pictures for viewing photos from Picasa, so the only thing I have a need for is to stream videos. Will Plex play more file types than the stock Logitech media player?

One reason that Google Music and Pictures are nice is that they stream from the cloud so I don't have to have my laptop open, or even at home to access that content.

I tried it... at $.99 I figured I would give it a try... couldn't get it to work. Uninstalled and refunded. I got the server working but I couldn't get the Revue to recognize it. I also tried the Logitech Media Server... same thing. I am not to crazy with my network settings but I couldn't get either to work... pretty bummed but I will keep trying.

If anyone has anything to help I would also appreciate it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones