• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Please! Deleted Android Keyboard while rooted!

Hello,
I rooted my phone to delete the preinstalled junk apps that I didn't want. I made sure that I wasn't deleting anything that might mess my phone up. However, I accidentally deleted "com.android.inputmethod.latin"
The keyboard still works fine. However, now whenever I try to do anything on my phone this message pops up:
Sorry!
The application Android keyboard (process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly.
Please try again."
I then have to select "Force Close" and then the phone works fine.
Is there anyway I can download this to replace what I deleted?
Thanks,
Christen

::EDIT::
Well I have downloaded the latinIME.apk (which is what I deleted [its the on screen keyboard]) but now I am having a problem getting it into the system/app folder. I tried using root explorer but it didnt work. I currently have froyo 2.2 on my phone.
I would appreciate it greatly if anyone could explain to me how to use SDK manager to move latinIME.apk from my sd card to system/app. I have been searching all day and have yet to figure it out.
I disabled the android keyboard so the pop-up doesn't come up anymore but I would like to have my on screen keyboard back.
Help please? :)

I tried Root Explorer at one time when I deleted virgin_live.apk to move it back to /system/apps and it worked for me. I don't know why it's not working for you.

Back
Top Bottom