• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help please...

KDroidX

I really want to root my moto droid. But i follwed droid life's walkthrough and RSD doesnt show that the droid is connected. I followed everything including opening bootloader. Help please!

I have never used RSD but will give the topic a bump in hopes that someone can assist you. Good luck. I am sure it is something small.

are you using Vista or Windows7? if so i would suggest using XP it works flawless with RSDlite.

1. Are you running RSD Lite as an administrator (if you're not using Windows XP)?
2. Do you have the latest Motorola drivers installed? Does your computer recognize the phone as an ADB device when plugged in?

It says something about installing drivers, but i dont know what that means or how to do it. it tries to do it on its own but never completes the installation. im running vista and idk about the administrator part..

you have to install the drivers for RSD, your computer is either a 32 bit or 64 bit... once installed it will pick up your phone.

Back
Top Bottom