• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help!!! Router can only connect to one X10

leo77

Lurker
Mar 23, 2011
Hi guys, Please help with this issue.

Me and my brother each bought a Sony X10 lately which both with 1.6 system. We found our TP Link Router (G) can only recongise one of them. Every time after rebooting the router, who ever connected to the WLAN first can have access to WLAN and the other one will have failure message instead. So at moment we have to keep rebooting the router to share the WLAN.

Can anyone let me know if this is because of the router itself or the phones?

Apprciated

Hi guys, Please help with this issue.

Me and my brother each bought a Sony X10 lately which both with 1.6 system. We found our TP Link Router (G) can only recongise one of them. Every time after rebooting the router, who ever connected to the WLAN first can have access to WLAN and the other one will have failure message instead. So at moment we have to keep rebooting the router to share the WLAN.

Can anyone let me know if this is because of the router itself or the phones?

Apprciated

A few things to try

ROUTER
Change the WIFI Channel
Change the Encyrption type of the router (wpa / wpa2 )

AS A TEST ONLY - Remove the security on the router and try and both connect when OPEN, to see if that helps BUT DONT LEAVE IT OPEN.

PHONE
Try updateing the phone software as 1.6 is old.

Good luck

Upvote 0
A few things to try

ROUTER
Change the WIFI Channel
Change the Encyrption type of the router (wpa / wpa2 )

AS A TEST ONLY - Remove the security on the router and try and both connect when OPEN, to see if that helps BUT DONT LEAVE IT OPEN.

PHONE
Try updateing the phone software as 1.6 is old.

Good luck

Sorted, Thanks wynney666

Borrowed my friend's Linksys and tried at home, works all good now. Looks like I need a new router.

Cheers guys

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones