• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP

erik917

so i have my phone running on cm10.2 but sometimes it does not want to boot up . it keeps having boot loops. i want to just change to a stable rom or just unroot. can anyone help?

The ROM and booting are totally separate issues. You can unroot CM10.2 but that probably won't solve the underlying problem (which we can't diagnose because we don't even know which phone you have).

I didn't have any issues with bootloops when I was on CM10.2. Not sure what your issue is without more information (i.e. what did you do when flashing the ROM, did the bootloops start right after flashing, etc).

Right now I am using the MaximusHD ROM and it's very solid. I would recommend it to most anyone.

It worked fine until I updated the cm10.2 like it has random boot loops and I'm sure it's either the rom or kernel because my phone worked fine until I updated the kernel

It worked fine until I updated the cm10.2 like it has random boot loops and I'm sure it's either the rom or kernel because my phone worked fine until I updated the kernel

Reflash your rom to restore your original kernel.

reflash an old cm10.1 rom?

That's an option. Or you can reflash the rom you're currently on,to restore the kernel that should come with it. My impression from your previous comment is that you have installed a custom kernel in addition to the rom you're running.

yeah that is what i did , i remember that the 10.2 rom would not flash so i installed a custom kernal on top of the rom , i tried reflashing the rom but it does the same thing. i do not know how to restore the kernal that came with the rom

are you s on or s off?

if s off: as ive said,simply wipe cache and dalvik cache, and reflash the rom. that will instal the kernel that comes with it.

if s on: you will need to find the boot.img inside the roms download. place it into your fastboot directory and flash using fastboot flash boot boot.img (assuming the image is named boot.img)

i am on s-on and i did flash it. it boots up. the problem is that everytime the phone dies and when i turn it on it gets in a boot loop. i then have to hold the power button for 10 seconds and then i turn it on and it boots up fine but sometimes it doesnt.

Not quite sure what else to tell you. Ive described how to get your stck kernel back for s on and s off. If those things are not working,I would do a full wipe and start over. You can do a fresh install of your current rom,or try a new one

Since this is my first post i would like to say these forums have been very useful and helpful and i thank these forums for getting me out of serious issues when dealing with android in general. Now i ran into another problem and this one seems to be quite difficult and crossing my fingers that this phone is not permanently bricked. So here it goes.

My phone appears to be stuck in cwm i tried Odin and flashed cwm and restored from nandroid backups, even using stock unrooted rom. Its still boots up to cwm every time. This all started when i downloaded quick boot app from the play store for convenience and when i tap to reboot into recovery. It boots up to recovery since then i can't get out of recovery. I am stuck and running out of options

Samsung Galxy SGH-t599n metropcs. Any solutions to this problem.

Thank you guys :)

Since this is my first post i would like to say these forums have been very useful and helpful and i thank these forums for getting me out of serious issues when dealing with android in general. Now i ran into another problem and this one seems to be quite difficult and crossing my fingers that this phone is not permanently bricked. So here it goes.

My phone appears to be stuck in cwm i tried Odin and flashed cwm and restored from nandroid backups, even using stock unrooted rom. Its still boots up to cwm every time. This all started when i downloaded quick boot app from the play store for convenience and when i tap to reboot into recovery. It boots up to recovery since then i can't get out of recovery. I am stuck and running out of options

Samsung Galxy SGH-t599n metropcs. Any solutions to this problem.

Thank you guys :)

What phone do you have? This is the HTC one S forum,and odin is not used with HTC devices.

Back
Top Bottom