• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hope the Data Drops go away when I get this phone..

mikefla

I have a Bionic right now and my data is dropping so much i have put the phone on CDMA only just to keep data.. I really hope that my new S3 doesn't do this.. The guy at the Verizon store told me the S3 takes a different SIMS than my Bionic. Then again i guess it could just be VZ's network and it dont matter what phone you got?

I think it is verizon's network because it seems like every lte phone has data drop issues with some being worse than others. Even on my maxx with ICS it has data drops( not as frequent but still happens a few times a day for a couple minutes at a time. This makes me believe it is something with the network since every lte phone I had had the same issues( thunderbolt, nexus, maxx)

I have a Bionic right now and my data is dropping so much i have put the phone on CDMA only just to keep data.. I really hope that my new S3 doesn't do this.. The guy at the Verizon store told me the S3 takes a different SIMS than my Bionic. Then again i guess it could just be VZ's network and it dont matter what phone you got?

OP: not to be a prick or anything, but could you please re-title your post since you're not reporting data drops with the GS3? It is a little misleading and scared the crap out of me, since I just got this thing and want to love it as long as possible before knowing all of its flaws!

Thanks..

I think it is verizon's network because it seems like every lte phone has data drop issues with some being worse than others. Even on my maxx with ICS it has data drops( not as frequent but still happens a few times a day for a couple minutes at a time. This makes me believe it is something with the network since every lte phone I had had the same issues( thunderbolt, nexus, maxx)

Forgive me for asking, but what is a data drop? I'm 4G LTE naive and am looking at the Verizon GS3 as my next phone.

Back