• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hope this fix comes soon!

GolfnDroid

Nov 27, 2009
Va
The App Market is out of control! How is it that the Bluetooth File Transfer app is located under "TOP FREE" and "JUST IN" sections? C'mon now this is how the stock market got messed up duplicating assets across multiple sectors.

-Give us better search options

-Dont say "Top Free" give us most downloaded, or search by rating

-If an app cant maintain a three star average after x amount of time, it's pulled

-"Just In" apps stay there for 60 days then moved to another category

-I dont care about having the App Store with the MOST apps, I want a Store where I can find the BEST apps the FASTEST!!!

IMHO

Some of your ideas are good, but pulling apps based on rating is a terrible idea. I have several apps on my phone that have poor ratings and I find them very useful. I've seen plenty of ratings in which intellectually challenged people would say things like "app is ugly!11!" and give it a one star rating. For apps that are not used or reviewed by a huge number of people, the results are skewed by one or two baseless bad reviews.

Upvote 0
I definitely hear what you are saying but sites like this will promote good apps regardless of initial star ratings which in turn will eventually increase the star rating as long as app stays useful/popular. So maybe not pull app completely but keep it in a "CLEARANCE RACK" kind of a purgatory for apps giving devs chance to work out bugs or it goes?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones