• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do i activate Sony HS-USB Android Diag ports on Xperia Z3?

Caller100

Lurker
Jul 13, 2015
Hi People.

I have been trying to get the HS-USB Android Diag/Modem/Serial ports activated so that they show in Device Manager, to no avail. I am using Windows 7.

Is there a special number sequence i enter into the dialler on the Xperia Z3? Or is there a special USB driver i have to install? I am able to to activate these ports using my Samsung S4, so surely it is possible for the Xperia Z3?!

Would be grateful for any help please.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

I was wondering, would I have to flash a different ROM in order to get the HS-USB Diag/Modem ports activated? I really don't want to flash a different ROM as this will probably void the warranty? Is this correct?

Also will I have to root the Z3? It seems at the moment my stock firmware (23.1.A.1.28) does not allow root?!

Uff the stress of it all....

Once again, any help would be welcome please.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones