• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to sync music and playlists on phone to Google Music

bDawk20

Lurker
Feb 10, 2012
Hello everyone, this is my first post here so I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place or anything like that. I had a question about Google Music on this phone..

Since I hate all Apple products I don't have iTunes on my computer (I once had it on an older computer, but never bothered on my new laptop). I keep all my music in organized folders and use Windows Media Player to play my music in their playlists. I transferred these songs and playlists over to my phone successfully and it works fine. But now I also wanted to get these playlists and songs onto Google Music itself just so that they are stored as a backup or so that I can access them elsewhere. I can get the songs into Google Music through the Google Music Manager, but I do not feel like going through all the songs and putting them in new playlists (that would take forever). Is there an easier way to do this? (I was thinking maybe there was a way to upload my playlists on my phone to Google Music or something)

Any help with this is greatly appreciated as I can't find exactly what I'm looking for in the forums or anywhere else.

Thanks in advance,
bDawk20

Google Music Manager is supposed to pull playlists from Windows Media Player and sync them to Google Music. Try syncing again, but instead of "Sync Entire Library," select the playlists you want to sync (choose them all, if you want). When you do it this why (by playlist, even it if it's all of them), it's supposed to create a playlist in Google Music with the same properties.

Upvote 0
well i am using a Macbook Pro, and everytime i add a new song to iTunes it automatically syncs with Google Music. Google Music syncs everything from iTunes even the playlists.it is probly not the best way for you, but it is how i do it. it is simple and easy but, i personally think iTunes is a pain in the a$$

Awesome, so iTunes can help me on Google music? I'm assuming this also works for downloading onto my devices, am I right? I just got the gnex and the thought of manually doing the transfer from my SD card was killing me.

Upvote 0
Awesome, so iTunes can help me on Google music? I'm assuming this also works for downloading onto my devices, am I right? I just got the gnex and the thought of manually doing the transfer from my SD card was killing me.

But you don't need iTunes if you're not already using. Just have Google Music discover the music library ( wherever it is), and upload it to the cloud.

You can just navigate to the SD card from Google Music Manager to discover the folder that contains the libarary.

Reactions: kool kat2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones