• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire lower price, upcoming replacement?

Cam501

Feb 18, 2011
I just noticed that the Desire has come down in price again to $69.95 after rebate (a week after stopping by my local store where the rep said i had to buy before the 17th when it was $99.95 because prices would go back up). Aside for being a bit ticked off at the rep, does the new lower price mean there is a replacement for it soon? They seem to be lagging behind a bit, getting the better android phones later than other carriers. Also wondering why the US Cellular version of the Desire appears to have less RAM than what Europe got?

You do have a 30 day price guarantee, so if you called 611 from your US Cellular phone, they would have credited your account the price difference.

As far as new Android phones, I don't know of any that they're releasing soon that will be "better" than the Desire or Mesmerize. I'm sure the price is at what it is since the Mesmerize also went down in price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones