• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire S - Wont Boot

Term

Hi all,

noob question, but I dont know where to start,

my girlfriends Desire S wont switch on, it just gets stuck at the T-Mobile loading screen then freezes.

If I do the boot menu everything I try it just freezes.

I realise you will most likely need more info to diagnose, so please ask anything you need to and I will try and provide you with the relevant info,

The phone is on Tmobile and is completely un-modified

thanks

Term`

Does it freeze when you try to out it into fastboot mode via the boot loader? Whilst in the boot loader, can you connect it to your PC see if it recognises it?

Probably a silly question, but have you tried a battery pull?

There's not much else you can do, you probably need to give T-Mobile out HTC a call, sorry.

Do you know if it was t mobile branded? Were there a load of T-Mobile apps and a T-Mobile boot logo? There might be something we can try, but it's a long shot.

it was Tmobile in terms of logos and branding etc ?

wondered about flashing a stock RUU ? (probably totally the wrong terminology there lol)

Nope RUU is the correct term :)

The issue is you need the phone connected to the PC for that to work. What I want to do is put an RUUon the SD card in the format of a zip file, see if that works. Like I say, it's along shot, but let me see what I can dig up.

well tbh matey, I am tempted to just claim on insurance lol

I wondered if it'd be a quick fix, but the more I read online and on xda etc, its seems its gonna be tough.

Do dont spend any time on it yet mate, lets see what the insurance can offer ?

thanks for offering to look into it for me tho !

Back
Top Bottom