• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One S Wifi Problem

Hi All,

New here, hopefully someone will be able to help. My wife has a HTC One S. We had a power outage yesterday and her phone no longer connects to Wifi. All other devices in the house are fine. We have a netopia modem/route. It's scanning then showing authentication problems. Then the network is showing as out of range. Basically not connecting.

We're not techies I'm afraid so any help would be very much appreciated. We've tried powering down the modem and the phone repeatedly but this doesn't make a difference.

Many thanks in advance!!

Press that network connection (in the phone). Tell it to "forget" the connection. Turn the phone off. Turn the phone on. It should then find the network and connect to it. If not, turn off one of the devices that's connected to the router - a laptop, a phone, one device. Try connecting again. If that works, you don't have enough avaialble "DHCP slots" in the router. Call your internet provider's tech support number and they'll walk you through adding one (or a couple - it's just a settings change in the router).

Thank you. I'm afraid this doesn't work. Sometimes it sees the modem/router and reports excellent strength. We attempt to connect and it asks for the password which we enter. It then goes into a cycle of scanning and authentication but doesn't connect. After a minute or so of this it reports the network out of range and that's that.

The device is running 4.1.1. We're not sure when or even if the OS was last upgraded but is it possible the problem lies here?

Back
Top Bottom