• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One X developed a hairline crack in the body!

D

Deleted User

Had anyone else noticed a hairline crack on their One X at the usb / charging port between it and the screen? just noticed it on mine today and wondered if affected many other one x phones. Mine is only 4 months old with not so much as a blemish on it. I believe it to be a design fault.
Now should I send it back for repair or leave it? Maybe I shouldn't do anything and see if it gets worse....

Here's a pic of the crack on my one x. I'd say there are going to be more people out there with this problem over time as it believe it to be a weak point in the phones body. Time will tell.
I don't think I'll be sending it back to HTC but if the small section broke of completely I would would be kicking myself if it was outside warranty!

Attachments

• IMG_20120825_124429.jpg
    IMG_20120825_124429.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
Here's a pic of the crack on my one x. I'd say there are going to be more people out there with this problem over time as it believe it to be a weak point in the phones body. Time will tell.
I don't think I'll be sending it back to HTC but if the small section broke of completely I would would be kicking myself if it was outside warranty!

I have a similar one on the top left corner. This fone is brand new and never been dropped or mishandled. In fact I just noticed it today. Very strange.

Upvote 0
I believe people will start to notice these cracks more and more over time. I contacted HTC about this with a photo of the crack asking it it was covered under warranty. If it is I think I'll send it in for repair. I don't want it breaking off completely when the warranty is up and costing me money to repair.
I'll post again when I hear back with their response.

Upvote 0
My name is Kristina and I am a Technical Support Agent for the HTC Written Team.

I'm sorry to hear that you have a less than perfect device. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Unfortunately, if we were to send it for repair, there would be a quotation sent to yourself as this would be classed as Out of Warranty. I am sorry that this is not the response you were hoping for. I have included a link to our Warranty statement for further reference.

Should you wish to have it repaired, I will be unable to issue a quote before the device is sent in. The reason for this being is that it needs to be assessed by our engineers in its entirety. As the repair must leave the device in an "In Warranty" condition, any other faults found must be repaired also and therefore quoted to you accordingly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones