• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I have the Metro CDMA S3 and will no longer be able to use it by the end of this month. Help Please.

Heavyweightgd6

Android Enthusiast
Apr 21, 2011
Hello all, as stated, I have the metro cdma s3, by the end of this month I will no longer be able to use my phone due to them getting rid of cdma in my area. I received the text an voice mail from metro so I went to a store an spoke with them about it. They will be doing a buy back so I'll get up to $299 to put towards a new phone(which is wonderful!!).

My issue is that I am rooted and I am on the "Numbertwo v1.5.2" Rom. Android 4.3, I have had this rom for the longest so I am soooo out of the loop when it comes to updates of roms and flash this and flash that an haven't been on the site in so long(kinda hate the new look of the site lol). So can anyone point me in the direction of how to set my phone back to stock? Or is that no longer possible? Cause I really can't afford the s5 (don't like the s6) out of pocket and I'm scared they won't do the buy back because of the rom an it being rooted. I've been googling an I saw something of 4.3 cannot be set to stock...?? That true? I even went in some of the old thread an everything looks old seems like they probably wouldn't work anymore, seem the this device has been dead, which is understandable.

Please anyone, if you can point me in the direction of how to go about this, it'll be greatly appreciated.

I do not think they will look if your phone is rooted or not. Also if you cannot afford the S5, then get the Avant for now because that should be smaller but still better than the S3. You should still have about $200 credit left over which can be applied to your bill or other things you want to buy....at least that how I did my "Trade-in" with metropcs.

Upvote 0
Hello all, as stated, I have the metro cdma s3, by the end of this month I will no longer be able to use my phone due to them getting rid of cdma in my area. I received the text an voice mail from metro so I went to a store an spoke with them about it. They will be doing a buy back so I'll get up to $299 to put towards a new phone(which is wonderful!!).

My issue is that I am rooted and I am on the "Numbertwo v1.5.2" Rom. Android 4.3, I have had this rom for the longest so I am soooo out of the loop when it comes to updates of roms and flash this and flash that an haven't been on the site in so long(kinda hate the new look of the site lol). So can anyone point me in the direction of how to set my phone back to stock? Or is that no longer possible? Cause I really can't afford the s5 (don't like the s6) out of pocket and I'm scared they won't do the buy back because of the rom an it being rooted. I've been googling an I saw something of 4.3 cannot be set to stock...?? That true? I even went in some of the old thread an everything looks old seems like they probably wouldn't work anymore, seem the this device has been dead, which is understandable.

Please anyone, if you can point me in the direction of how to go about this, it'll be greatly appreciated.
Just Odin the newest firmware for your model.
Should be here

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones