• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iFixit gives the S4 a repairability score of 8/10 - Much higher than the HTC One

From the source article at Samsung Galaxy S4 Teardown | TechnoBuffalo

Takeaway: Our source told us that the Galaxy S4 is incredibly easy to fix— even easier than the Galaxy S III. Why? The source explained that several components can be easily replaced, including the microSD card slot, the SIM slot, the microUSB charging port, the camera module and more. That’s great news for potential Galaxy S4 owners that are worried about problems down the line. There’s a catch, however.

Our source said the Gorilla Glass display could cause a problem. The glass on the Galaxy Note II, and on the Galaxy S III were easier to remove and you could replace the glass component with a third party purchase. Gorilla Glass is expensive, however, and our source estimates replacing it would not be a cheap endeavor… it could cost more than $200. Despite that single concern our source proclaimed it one of the “most repairable smartphones” he or she has ever worked on.

I read through the iFixit teardown of the HTC One, it was destroyed just taking it apart, i'm positive I have made the right choice in device, should anything go wrong with anyones HTC One I can only imagine the only way to fix it is to replace it!

I like this. What would be nice though is if you could swap out the storage as an upgrade. I'm thinking user-swappable parts like a pc. If you can replace the camera module, it would be nice if you could buy 3rd party upgrades.

Just dreaming...

Back
Top Bottom