• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Intercept no service at home

charlesk

Lurker
as stated in the title I have no service at home. I bought the phone from a friend and without really doing research into the coverage of virgin mobile i got screwed.

There are so so many apps for the android that claim to do free wifi calls and texts but from what i see there really aren't any that work from your own phone number. Google voice made me use a number from miles away which is cool... still can't make calls through my home wifi connection for some reason, even though it says it makes calls via wifi.

Any tips or help to find a solution to make calls and texts from pure wifi would be greatly appreciated. I just go the phone and already paid for a month of service. So until it runs out i'd like to be able to use the phone at home.

As stated, I'm not aware of any wifi calling service that will use your phone number. About the only thing that could help is a femtocell, which VM has yet to release. Google voice would allow you to text if not call for free via wifi.

Back
Top Bottom