• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] firmware update encountered an issue

silentwitness

Android Expert
hey guys i tried rooting my s4 via cf root method but it failed and now my phone shows me " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies and try again." I tried rebooting it and going into download mode or recovery mode but it just comes back to the same screen. The screen has a picture of a phone with 2 dots then a yellow exclamation mark then 2 dots then a pic of a pc. I have tried connecting it to kies on the pc but it just says connecting and nothing else happens. Any help would be appreciated.

edit:-

Log of odin

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CODE_I9500XXUAMC6_I9500OXAAMC6_ROOT_ODEX.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Hi silentwitness. I don't have the i9500 but it looks like you need to try to Odin the stock firmware to get your phone back working again. I think Odin will still work with it stuck on the screen you're on.

hi thanks i managed to get to download mode and reflash the original stock firmware i need to find a better rooting guide now. Is there a good rooting guide for build XXUAMDK and baseband DDUAMDK. Im kind of new to the s4 its just my second day with the phone.

what do you mean more on offer? I was looking for roms and wanam and omega have already made roms for the s4 there are already multiple rooting guides available.

what do you mean more on offer? I was looking for roms and wanam and omega have already made roms for the s4 there are already multiple rooting guides available.

Yeah but they are not completely stable yet! I'm still on rooted stock, having used the cfroot method.... wanamlite is very tempting though, but in waiting till we get another round of updates from the developers :-)

i managed to root it with the cf method also i seem to be tilting towards omega rom since neatrom is not there for the s4. The omega rom seems to be quite stable.

hai guys,
need some help,
why this happen?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 50
which recovery are you guys using? i tried flashing philz but i keep getting an error verification failed. i seem top have the stock recovery on the phone. any ideas?

I'm still on stock recovery too, been waiting to find something a bit more reliable before flashing anything else other than root ;-)

Lol yeah I know,I want to too for obvious reasons, but I'd rather wait until there is a more solid recovery then start farting about with custom Roms etc :-)

i ended up flashing "recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.2-i9500" and it works but not properly it does not pick up the folder path of the external sd card. So i need to keep looking going to try the philz touch via odin and see if it works.

i was just checking i had 5gb of space missing in my phone turns out the nandroid backup went to data/media/clockworkmod which does not get read by the default file viewer i only managed to find that out thanks to root explorer. You also cant take backups to the external memory as the recovery i have does not have the correct path defined for the external memory.

Back
Top Bottom