• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] help endless boot loop

silentwitness

Android Expert
hey i have the samsung galaxy s3 rooted with Omega rom have been using it without any problem for a while now, all of a sudden today the phone restarted and it keeps booting showing me my home screen and restarting again over and over again. I tried removing the sim card and memory card but it didnt help. Any help would be appreciated.

There are a few things you can try.
1. Boot into recovery mode and clear cache and dalvik cache and then reboot.
2. If that doesn't work try a factory reset in recovery mode. If you don't have a recent backup of your apps and would rather not lose everything try 3 before 2.
3. Reflash omega without a wipe
4. Reflash omega with afull wipe.

I'll move this over to all things root

thanks i managed to flash an old backup but lost a lot of apps but have titanium backup so trying to restore missing apps + data now.

any idea what could have caused the issue? I have not installed any new apps as such only thing installed new was angry birds star wars which was yesterday.

edit:-

going to have to setup tasker now to make a nandroid backup once a week or so with a max backup of 2.

Honestly I'm not too sure. Similar things have happened to me in the past so I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it's a frequent occurrence. It's a thing about technology, sometimes it just decides to throw a wobbly for no apparent reason. If angry birds starwars wasn't in your titanium backup it might be worth reinstalling to see if it happens again but I wouldn't think it will.

it was a very strange issue, phone was working great no problems altho i was having a funny issue with messaging it would close on its own every time i opened it but that went away with a restart.

If it had a couple of little niggles before it might be worth clearing data in cwm and then only restore user apps and data with titanium. Don't restore any system apps and settings as they could be causing conflicts between omega and what you had on your phone before. You will have to change all your ringtones, alarms etc,etc after though.

im going to do an update to the latest version of omega, it was long overdue i was putting it off cause i had changed the modem and kernel and installed a few extra mods.

There are a few things you can try.
1. Boot into recovery mode and clear cache and dalvik cache and then reboot.
2. If that doesn't work try a factory reset in recovery mode. If you don't have a recent backup of your apps and would rather not lose everything try 3 before 2.
3. Reflash omega without a wipe
4. Reflash omega with afull wipe.

I'll move this over to all things root

Hello,
I done all this but still my phone stuck in boot loop. I was using omega rom totally fine and then i went to try another omega rom based on AOKP but it wasn't good so return on this one (based on stock) but it is not booting. even i installed stock rom then again flash it with omega but its not booting kindly help me

Hello,
I done all this but still my phone stuck in boot loop. I was using omega rom totally fine and then i went to try another omega rom based on AOKP but it wasn't good so return on this one (based on stock) but it is not booting. even i installed stock rom then again flash it with omega but its not booting kindly help me
Maybe use Odin to reinstall a custom recovery?

Maybe use Odin to reinstall a custom recovery?
I read somewhere that philz touch is for omega v24 so i tried to do it with odin but it failed so i downloaded its flashable zip and flash it. it done successfully. but still boot loop remains the same
I installed latest cwm recovery via odin done okay,, and flashed omega v24 still the same thing

Last edited:
When in recovery did you wipe the system in mounts and storage in CWM?
No.. if I flash new rom and wipe the system then how will rom start?
I've done all usual wipes,
catch partition, dalvik catch, and from mount wipe catch and data.
if i wipe system in mount option. before or after flashing rom?

Didn't you go use another rom and go back to omega? If you didn't wipe the system then that's probably the reason it's not booting up.

yes i went to omega AOKP rom but i didnt like it so come to omega v24 but that didnt booting for just checking I flashed stock rom with odin which works fine so i also flashed omni rom it also works fine. but omega is not booting. I was using it for long time and i like it.

So give your phone a full wipe before you flash it wipe data/factory reset wipe cache partition advanced wipe dalvik cache mounts and storage wipe system and then play your omega rom.

I wiped data/factory reset in this option one option which is "clean to install a new rom" i clicked it.
and wipe catch partition, and in advance wiped dalvik cache. in mount and storage format/cache, format/system, format/data, format/preload, format/emmc now flashing omega rom

still boot loop so again I wiped cache partition, dalvik cache, and for mounting format catch. now again restarting
i read somewhere that they use data (in mount) as dalvik cache so i backup this state and will do it also if problem remains

Back
Top Bottom