• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] S4 hang, restart then battery drain

silentwitness

Android Expert
Hey guys my phone is rooted running omega rom, the last few days i have been having a very strange issue. My phone will randomly get hung then restart and the battery which was at approx 45% will drop to 17% and then it will restart again and drop to 0%. I need to do a battery pull and connect a charger and turn it on and it will show up as the original 47% and the phone will work normally then. It can hang at random times for example once i was using the camera second time browsing the net the other times watching a video. Any help would be appreciated.

ok i did a factory reset and updated my version of omega and its still freezing and restarting on its own. So im guessing the battery might be gone?

going to try and see if i can borrow a batter from a friends s4 and see if i face the same issue if not then the battery is definitely gone.

solved my batter was screwed the samsung is refusing to replace it saying batter swelling is customers fault. The phone is not even 3 months old.

Surely that's bull because I have left my phone charging for far too long, many times and my batteries are all fine :-) hope you manage to sort something out with them unfortunately I don't know about Indian law but over here in the UK it wouldn't have been fit for purpose and should be replaced free of charge!

its quite absurd to say the least i had sent my mom to give the battery so i didnt get a chance to talk to them personally have sent of an email to them waiting for a reply otherwise might have to visit the service center myself. I am trying to avoid going there myself as my phone is rooted and from what i have read there is no way to reset the counter in the I9500 :(

thanks waiting for a reply from the email i sent and hopefully that would be enough cause the call center people are quite dumb and dont really know much and give idiotic responses to stuff asked. Already picked up a new battery cause i couldnt live without my phone so if i get this replaces its a bonus.

ohh well all they keep saying it battery swelling is not covered under warranty. Now with all this new stuff that samsung is doing(locked bootloader) and stuff they seem to be following in the steps of apple which really sux guess im going to have to switch to a non samsung phone next(sony or next nexus) cant decide between the two.

It's a shame they're locking the boot loader. The lg phones are like that too, and I think Samsung/lg are the only manufacturers supplying the US with devices that still have microSD slots. There's probably a couple others. But without a working computer and with very slow data speeds the microSD is a blessing.

Edit: I still can't believe they're insisting the battery is swelling. That sounds goofy to me, and something that really should be under warranty.

defective batteries are covered by the 12 month warranty

Demand a new battery or else you will go to trading standards

or cant you be bothered ??

i checked the terms and conditions it says battery swelling is not covered under the limited warranty. They refuse to give a new battery and if i have to go to the showroom i would be in for more trouble as the phone is rooted and apparently you cant un root the 9500 and reset the counter.

Back
Top Bottom